Next Friday, the Arqana sales complex, will hold a charity nomination auction sale in support of the Association Au-Delà des Pistes (Beyond the Tracks), acting for the promotion of the retraining of racehorses in France.
Fourteen high-quality nominations make up the catalogue:
- SIYOUNI, offered by the Aga Khan Studs. Standing at Haras de Bonneval at €45,000 in 2017
- DAWN APPROACH, offered by Darley. Standing at Kildigan Stud (IRL) at €30,000 in 2017
- MAXIOS, offered by Flaisman Stables. Standing at Gestüt Färhof (DE) at €10,000 in 2017
- INTELLO, offered by Wertheimer & Frère. Standing at Haras du Quesnay at €25,000 in 2017
- MARTALINE, offered by Haras de Montaigu. Standing there at 15,000 in 2017
- VADAMOS, offered by Haras de Saint-Pair. Standing at Tally Ho Stud (IRL) at €10,000 in 2017
- OLYMPIC GLORY, offered by Al Shaqab. Standing at Haras de Bouquetot at €15,000 in 2017
- MUKHADRAM, offered by Shadwell Stud (GB). Standing at Nunnery Stud at 15,000 in 2017
- CHARM SPIRIT, offered by Qatar Racing & Sheick Abdullah Al Thani. Standing at Tweenhills (GB) at
£20,000 in 2017
- NEW BAY, offered by Juddmonte Farms. Standing at Ballylinch Studs (IRL) at €20,000 in 2017
- SCISSOR KICK, offered by Haras d’Etreham. Standing at €10,000 in 2017
- RAJSAMAN, offered by Haras de la Cauvinière. Standing there at €8,000 in 2017
- DRAGON PULSE, offered by the Irish National Stud. Standing there at €8,000 in 2017
- MASTERCRAFTSMAN, offered by Coolmore. Standong there at €25,000 in 2017
The funds are being raised to promote thoroughbred aftercare and the retraining of retired racehorses in France via the following actions:
- Organise a series of Retrained Racehorse Days, with the goals of promoting thoroughbred welfare and aftercare to racing fans, and also the work done by thoroughbred re-trainers across a range of disciplines. The first Retrained Racehorse Day was held to great acclaim this year on 28 August at Deauville-La Touques racecourse.
- Accreditation of existing retraining and rehoming facilities, to guarantee the best possible care for retired racehorses allowing for traceability throughout their lives.
- Crisis funding for the most vulnerable horses.
Aliette Forien, President of Au-Delà des Pistes, commente: “The start made by Au-Delà des Pistes has been exciting and encouraging and I must say how thrilled we’ve been with the hugely enthusiastic response to what we’ve achieved so far.
“The success of the first Retrained Racehorse Day exceeded even our expectations and we would like to host this type of event all over France next year.
“Our mission is also to identify and accredit the retrainers who can take in retired racehorses and safely transition them into second careers in equestrian sports.
“We also hope to put in place competitions for ex-racehorses across the equestrian disciplines, including dressage, show-jumping and eventing, as well as designating a fund for the most vulnerable horses in crisis situations.
“All this requires financing and we would like to offer our sincerest and warmest thanks to the stallion farms who have donated a nomination to the auction.
“The funds will be used to promote a cause which concerns every single factor in the business: from the breeders to jockeys, trainers, sales companies, agents to the owners. Aftercare is our shared responsibility.”